More Than Talk Therapy…
For Thousands of Clients Since 2000
Seasoned, mature psychologists and therapists with immediate openings providing advanced and traditional therapy for individuals, couples and families addressing emotional and relational concerns, crisis, personal growth and much more.
During the Covid19 health crisis, we are providing both in-person and secure, online video therapy or phone therapy for all Wisconsin residents. We are wherever you are.
OPENINGS WITHIN ONE WEEK FOR
OUR PSYCHIATRIST and THERAPISTS
We Have Openings Within One Week Helping You With:
- Personal Consultation
- Marriage / Family
- Trauma / Abuse
- Business / Work Stress
- Grief / Loss
- Life Transitions
- Divorce Process
- Covid19 – Stress & Fear
- Substance Abuse
- Dependence (sex, internet, gambling)
- Sex Therapy
- Reproductive Psychology
- Health / Sleep
- Eating Disorders
- Spiritual / Meaning
- Adoptive & Foster Parenting
“Kate is a treasure. She is as sharp as she is resourceful as she is wise as she is dear, and has made a HUGE difference in my life. Her warmth and clarity and ability to go one step more… her humor, her knowing, her keeping me honest, her directness when I needed it. Thank you, Kate.”
“You cannot step in the same river twice; for it is not the same river, and you are not the same person.” – Heraclitus (adapted).
Adoption & Foster Care Parenting
We have expertise in the child welfare system and work to support parents through the complex journey of foster care and adoption.
- Parenting children with complex trauma, abuse/neglect history, in utero substance exposure
- Ambiguous grief and loss
- Post-adoption parenting support
- Processing your own attachment and trauma history, as this can resurface
- Understanding your family’s adoption narrative and story
- Increasing support and community
Brainspotting, EMDR, Somatic Mindfulness
An advanced therapy method designed to quickly release trauma, anxiety, depression, anger and other strong emotional states from the body while bringing insight into their causes and a sense of grounding, calm and security.
- Brainspotting (eye position, deep emotional release therapy)
- Somatic Processing (deep emotional release therapy)
- Bilateral Stimulation (alternating soothing sounds between opposite sides of the brain to enhance access to deep, emotionally laden experience and memory)
- Mindfulness (developing complete awareness of the present moment within you and around you to create peace, acceptance,clarity of thought, improved outlook, positive moods and reduced anxiety)
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing) is an evidenced-based intervention for complex or single-event trauma. EMDR is also used to treat anxiety, phobias, grief/loss, emotional abuse and as a tool to decrease overall distress and improve emotional well-being. EMDR is a form of psychotherapy that is designed to work quickly and efficiently – healing the mind as the body might heal a wound. EMDR uses bilateral eye movement, tapping/buzzers, or sound to enhance the brain’s natural healing mechanisms. More information on EMDR, including the extensive research and recognition, can be found here: https://www.emdria.org/about-emdr-therapy/.
We evaluate complex presenting situations for ages 4-17 involving:
- Behavior problems
- Peer relationships
- Depression, anxiety, anger
- Adjusting to divorce, trauma, loss, and more
- Developmental: Sleep issues, potty training and more.
Therapies are uniquely tailored and include individual therapeutic strategies, interventions to strengthen parent-child relations, provision of parental support and others. We use art, play, family, motivational, cognitive, behavioral therapies.
Collaborative Couple’s Therapy
One therapist works with one partner while a second therapist works with the second partner. The therapists consult with each other after each meeting (with your consent) to guide therapy toward coordinated goals for each individual partner and for the relationship. Couple’s therapy is then provided when both partners are ready. A similar process is helpful for mother/daughter, father/son or other dyads within a family or organization.
- Alcohol, Cocaine, Opioids, Marijuana
- Internet: Pornography, sex, shopping, obsessive internet use/dependence
- Relapse Prevention
Discernment counseling is a therapeutic approach designed to help couples who are seriously contemplating divorce.
- Geared toward “mixed agenda” couples—one person is leaning out of the relationship and the other is leaning in.
- Limited to only one to five sessions—brief!
- Focused on individual conversations to gain a deeper understanding of what’s happened to the relationship and each person’s contribution to the problems.
- Committed to the goal of helping each couple develop clarity and confidence about a future path for their marriage.
- Path one is the status quo—the relationship as it has been.
- Path two is separation/divorce.
- Path three is a six-month commitment to couples therapy with divorce off the table, after which they can decide whether to stay or leave.
Divorce Recovery and Support
If you are considering leaving, we provide counsel at every stage of your process:
- Contemplating a possible divorce (See Discernment Counseling)
- Working through emotions and concerns to arrive at your final decision
- Telling your spouse and children
If your spouse told you they want to leave your marriage, we help you adjust:
- Processing your emotions and reactions
- Deciding on the appropriate responses to your spouse
- Acceptance of change, grief and loss
For both spouses:
- Planning and adjusting to physical separation
- Emotional processing regarding legal/financial matters
- Maintaining relationships with children
- Recovering your sense of self and identity
We work in collaboration with Sterling Law to help facilitate the most smooth process possible for many divorcing couples. Some Sterling Divorce Plans cover your out-of-pocket costs for therapy and consultation costs at Cedar Creek Counseling while other plans entitle you to discounts on your therapy and consultations. Please ask us about details. You may see Sterling Law’s website HERE.
- Accelerate your own natural healing process.
- Make peace with your past.
- Utilize your subconscious resources for daily life
- Focus your intent to accelerate successful change.
- Free your mind from limiting ideas.
- Restorative relaxation, stress relief, pain management
Hypnotherapy gently guides the client through subconsciously held beliefs so that they can be modified, deleted or replaced. You can then begin to utilize your energy for achieving personal success and greater health, and for rediscovering the joy of life.
We accept all aspects of people, including gender expression, gender identity and sexual orientation. We provide supportive psychotherapy on common difficulties for members of the LGBTQ+ community.
- Gender identity
- Sexuality and coming out
- Increasing support and community
We use a supportive, non-judgmental and collaborative approach to support parents of LGBTQ+ children and youth.
- Gender identity and sexuality psycho-education
- Grief / loss around transition
- Affirming and supporting your gender diverse child
- Family structure / couple’s support
OPENINGS WITHIN ONE WEEK
Bruce Semon, MD, PhD, has provided psychiatric care since 1997.
Medication and Alternative Care for:
- Mood and Bipolar Disorders
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder
- Attention Deficit / Hyperactive Disorders
- Substance Abuse Disorders
- Psychotic Disorders
- Behavioral Disorders
- Homeopathy and nutrition alternative care options
Psychological Testing & Assessment
These services are designed to provide clients and parents a detailed understanding of relevant personality, social, intellectual, cognitive and other functioning. Testing will also provide an accurate diagnostic profile, clarity for treatment planning purposes, and relevant recommendations. Individuals desiring testing are either self-referred or referred by another professional, such as a physician, counselor, family member, school, attorney, or court system.
- Full range of testing services for children and adults
- Comprehensive psychological evaluations
- Divorce related, child custody evaluations.
- Forensic court-related evaluations
- School-referred evaluations
- Attention-deficit and behavior disorders evaluations
- Neuropsychological evaluations
- Intelligence and achievement evaluations
Reproductive & Sexual Psychology
- Sex Therapy
- Sexual Wellness
- Reproductive Psychology
- Infertility Care
- Gamete Donation
- Third-Party Reproduction Consultations and Evaluations
- Perinatal Mood Disorders
- Perinatal Anxiety Disorders
- Infant Loss
- Birth Trauma
- Adjustment to Parenthood
- Complex and Alternative Relationship Dynamics
“Cathy has helped myself as well as multiple family members tremendously. She has gone above and beyond even outside the office. I feel a strong sense that Cathy cares about my well being and wants me to be successful and feel my best. I am beyond grateful for Cedar Creek and how it has changed my life for the better.”
“Thank you for your follow-through and professionalism. I can’t tell you how many negative counseling experiences we’ve had through the years. I was apprehensive about starting yet another search, but the stars have aligned this time.”