- Brainspotting (eye position, deep emotional release therapy)
- Somatic Processing (deep emotional release therapy)
- Bilateral Stimulation (alternating soothing sounds between opposite sides of the brain to enhance access to deep, emotionally laden experience and memory)
- Convergence Therapy (eye movement therapy to induce calm states)
See the detailed descriptions under the tab at the top of this page. Read more...
Collaborative Couple’s Therapy
One therapist works with one partner while a second therapist works with the second partner. The therapists consult with each other after each meeting (with your consent) to guide therapy toward coordinated goals for each individual partner and for the relationship. Couple’s therapy is then provided when both partners are ready. A similar process is helpful for mother/daughter, father/son or other dyads within a family or organization.
Traditional Talk Therapies
Cedar Creek Counseling can help you using a variety
of traditional therapies, including:
- Psychodynamic (resolution of original family issues)
- Interpersonal (relationship development therapy)
- Traditional Couples Therapy (one expert therapist, one couple)
- Emotionally Focused Therapy (resolving emotional pain and conflict)
- Cognitive (thought oriented therapy)
- Behavioral (behavior oriented therapy)
- Motivational (addictions oriented therapy)
We evaluate complex presenting situations for ages 4-17 involving:
- Behavior problems
- Peer relationships
- Depression, anxiety, anger
- Adjusting to divorce, trauma, loss, and more
- Developmental: Sleep issues, potty training and more.
Therapies are uniquely tailored and include individual therapeutic strategies, interventions to strengthen parent-child relations, provision of parental support and others. We use art, play, family, motivational, cognitive, behavioral therapies.
- Accelerate your own natural healing process.
- Make peace with your past.
- Utilize your subconscious resources for daily life
- Focus your intent to accelerate successful change.
- Free your mind from limiting ideas.
- Restorative relaxation, stress relief, pain management
Hypnotherapy gently guides the client through subconsciously held beliefs so that they can be modified, deleted or replaced. You can then begin to utilize your energy for achieving personal success and greater health, and for rediscovering the joy of life.
Dr. Melinda Somogyi is a member of the Collaborative Family Law Council of Wisconsin, Inc. (CFLCW), a statewide association of lawyers, mental health professionals, and financial advisors who work together to practice and promote a collaborative process for problem solving and a respectful resolution of family law issues. Dr. Somogyi is a trained Collaborative Child Specialist and a trained Collaborative Divorce Coach within the CFLCW association. Dr. Somogyi's goal is to reduce conflict during divorce and assist in creating collaborative, pro-child and pro-family solutions during divorce. Consequently, children reach better outcomes and families reduce long-term emotional and financial costs often resulting from traditional, antagonistic divorce processes. For more information about these services, please contact Dr. Somogyi directly.
“Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work” –
John Gottman, Ph.D.
“Getting the Love You Want” – Harville Hendrix, Ph.D.
“True Refuge” – Tara Brach, Ph.D.
“Learned Optimism” – Martin Seligman, Ph.D.
Location & Service Area
1/4 mile north of the Marcus Theatre in Mequon, Wisconsin.
Serving Ozaukee, Milwaukee, Waukesha Counties and the North Shore: Mequon, Cedarburg, Grafton, Port Washington, River Hills, Fox Point, Bayside, Glendale, Brown Deer, Whitefish Bay, Shorewood.